Monday, January 12, 2009

The Pants That Started it All

The moment a friend showed me these pants, I knew I had to make this blog. I hope you too can see why I felt the urge to share this 'Ultra Pink' monstrosity with you.
These are the 'Runway Cropped Harem-Pant' by BCBG MAXAZARIA, and they cost a whopping $283. Not only does the model look like she's about to take a dump in an airport bathroom and doesn't quite want to touch the seat, she's wearing... Those pants. Now, I understand that it can be hard to come up with something 'new' and 'exciting', especially in the arts/creative entertainment/fashion industry world where everything seems to have been done before. But I would really, highly suggest that people who are trying so hard to be new and exciting to never, ever use a rayon that is 'Ultra Pink'. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure in low doses ultra pink can be tolerable, but I'm worried about getting some kind of radiation poisoning if I look at this for too long.
This is the 'Herve Ledger High Waist Mini-Skirt' also at the BCBG MAXAZARIA website, for a hefty $600. That's right, you didn't read it wrong. It's just the mini skirt. The website suggests that you pair this 'distinctive, high-waisted skirt with a gorgeous blouse and sky high heels'. Apparently that means wrapping your upper half in tinfoil and holding it up with your hands. I don't know about you, but why, oh why, would anyone ever pay $600 for a skirt that's made mostly of rayon and is in no way new? It looks like something a Teacher or a Librarian would wear in an adult video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment