Thursday, January 15, 2009

Three Part Post 1/3

Alright. I started making this post, and then I realized that it would be so massive that... Well, it would be really really massive. And I'm trying to keep these short so I can make sure I have one for every day. What's better than daily lulz? So. This is the first post in a part of a series. I haven't names the series yet, but I just might come up with one by the third part. 

All of these clothes are by BCBG MAX AZRIA - So you know who to blame. I know I'm picking on them a lot, but the majority of their website is just so hilarious it makes me wonder who the hell is actually designing these clothes, and why anyone would ever pay so much for them. I know name brand is a really big deal these days, but that doesn't mean that people should forego common sense just to wear something that's by that brand. Perhaps I'm just old fashioned though. So, let's begin!
Again, with the 'Ultra Pink'. This shirt-bag is paired with a not-quite matching shade of Pepto Bismol skirt that looks like it was fashioned before I was born, along with a pair of hooker shoes. But, let's get a REAL look at this shirt-bag;
You know, I actually sort of prefer it this way. It says 'I have a figure, but YOU can't see it. Also, I do wear underwear.' Very classy. The shirtbag is actually a -part- of the underwear, so you have no option to freebird it, ladies. For a mere $198 dollars you too can be dressed in this %100 polyester disaster. I'd pay them $198 dollars just to burn it.
Like many girls, I too once participated in the painful, humiliating after school sport known as 'Gymnastics'. In gymnastics we were forced to wear these horrible, awful things called 'leotards'. Aptly name because wearing one of these leotards never failed to make me feel retarded and horribly embarrassed, so embarrassed that I couldn't so much as do a single thing on the balance beam or double bars, or even those twirly numbers on the floor looking like a spaz due to horrible shame. It makes me wonder why women would pay $98 dollars to wear a designer leotard, and even more, why would a designer even design a leotard? I thought being a designer was about... Well, designing new clothes. Perhaps I was mistaken. 

1 comment:

  1. To begin, the leotards will be something modest, probably some form of short sleeve leotard or tank. Short-sleeve leotards are probably the most versatile and ubiquitous across ballet studios.

    ReplyDelete